The large-scale renewable industry is rebounding
- After a relatively flat period the utility-scale renewable energy industry in Australia & New Zealand is starting to rebound
- AltEnergy can provide affordable, accurate and comprehensive project information about the Australian and NZ industry
- AltEnergy is offering a free, no obligation 2-week trial; login details below
Hello from AltEnergy,
After a prolonged period of plateauing growth the large-scale renewable energy industry is showing signs of a rebound. In recent weeks a number of big capacity projects reached financial close, international companies bought up project portfolios, regulators and state governments continued to plan for a low-carbon energy future, and – as it has since we started in 2017 – AltEnergy’s proposed project database continued to grow.
With COP26 coming up, and international pressure being applied, it appears even the federal government is prepared to soften its stance on the large-scale renewable energy industry, as evidenced by newly introduced legislation to support offshore wind.
Here is a snapshot of some of the recent industry news featured in our weekly Watts News report and added into our project database where applicable:
- NEW PROJECT: 614 MW Moah Creek Renewable Energy Project, 30 km west of Rockhampton in Central Queensland
- The Victorian Government has now opened the Second Victorian Renewable Energy Target Auction (VRET2)
- Octopus Australia to acquire 180MW Dulacca Wind Farm from RES
- Vestas secures 181 MW deal for Dulacca Wind Farm in Australia
- Financial close for 396MW Rye Park Wind Farm
- NEW PROJECT: Up to 600 MW SA Offshore Windfarm, 10km off the coast of Kingston SE in South Australia
- Renewable energy investment boom beckons for New England REZ after being swamped with over 80 registrations of interest, totaling a massive 34 gigawatts
- NEW PROJECT Watta Wella Energy Hub ~12km north-east of Stawell in VIC including a ~315 MW wind farm ~62.5 MW capacity solar farm and a 400 MW / 1200 MWh battery facility
- AEMO’s world-first simulation tool to help generation and storage projects connect to the grid
- Victoria government gazetted a planning scheme amendment which permits the construction of the Melton Renewable Energy Hub (MREH), a +600MW x 4 Hour battery energy storage project
- A referral for Pacific Hydro’s proposed 100 MW Daroobalgie Solar Farm near Forbes in central NSW submitted to the federal government
- Pilot Energy to commence Mid West WA wind and solar project feasibility study for public comment
- Juwi to construct ground breaking solar hybrid project for TransAlta at BHP’s Nickel West Sites
- Decmil awarded $21m windfarm balance of plant works from GPG for the Crookwell 3 Wind Farm in NSW
This is just a small sample of some of the highlights from only the last month.
AltEnergy’s Project Database lists more than 1100 renewable energy projects, with more than 720 that are in-development representing +150,000 MW of proposed clean energy, while our weekly Watts News reports have been bringing subscribers relevant industry news since April 2018. Visit this page for more product details https://altenergy.com.au/products/
Together these services are essential tools for project proponents, planners, contractors, suppliers, investors, regulators and anyone else who wants a detailed understanding of exactly what is happening in the rapidly growing renewable energy sector.
You are invited to take a free, no obligation 2 week trial. Just choose the Login menu option from the top right hand corner of the home page at www.altenergy.com.au and use the following temporary login details.
User name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to check in at the Watts News page (https://altenergy.com.au/project-updates) where a new edition is posted each Friday afternoon AEST. These are also emailed to subscribers.
Let us know if you have any difficulty logging in or any questions about our services.
The AltEnergy Team